[getdns-api] link-local recursive name server addresses

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Oct 16 00:04:36 CEST 2014

Hi Tony, Hi Paul,

Paul, I have an API text change proposal below.

Support for ipv6 link-local addresses is in the development branch
(called master ;) of our implementation:
https://github.com/getdnsapi/getdns

Link-local addresses with scope_id are read in correctly from
/etc/resolv.conf .  Those scope_id's may also be provided (by name or
number) with getdns_context_set_upstream_recursive_servers, with the
"scope_id" name (a bindata) in the stub resolver dict.

I propose to insert a line just after the first two lines in the last
paragraph of section 8.7, like so:

	"The list of dicts define where a stub resolver will send queries. Each
dict contains at least two names: address_type (whose value is a
bindata; it is currently either "IPv4" or "IPv6") and address_data
(whose value is a bindata).  For IPv6 link-local addresses, a scope_id
name (a bindata) can be provided."

OK?

-- Willem