[getdns-api] PHP Language Bindings and Async Event Management

Melinda Shore melinda.shore at nomountain.net
Mon Apr 20 18:51:56 CEST 2015

On 4/20/15 4:38 AM, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> So I did a little more reading of the getdns source code and I think
> I answered the question I sent a few minutes ago. It looks like
> getdns_context_destroy() will free any existing event base.

Well, it depends.  I'm using my own context data structure to cache
attribute values, etc., and that includes the event_base.  So, when
the Python interpreter removes an instance of a Context object I
release those, myself.  It's been over a year since I looked closely
at that code and think I can get rid of a lot of those, but that's
a different matter.  But yes, if you're using
getdns_extension_set_event_base()
context_destroy() will free the event_base, too.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore
No Mountain Software