[getdns-api] Changing the getdns transport options

Melinda Shore melinda.shore at nomountain.net
Wed Jun 17 20:54:53 CEST 2015

On 6/17/15 10:40 AM, Sara Dickinson wrote:
> Well, in C the arrays for both namespaces and transport_list that are
> passed to the set functions are arrays of enums so a getdns_list
> feels heavyweight for something that simple….  The alternative is a
> list of ints of the enum value…. or bindata of the string. The enum
> option is more type specific, at least in the C API… probably not so
> true for bindings….?

Right, for the time being I'm treating all enums as Integer constants
in Python.  It would be possible to develop classes for them but I
don't think it's particularly Pythonic, given that all we really do
with them is use them as parameters to getters and setters.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore
No Mountain Software